16 Mar 6 Reasons Why Consumers Choose Eco-Friendly Companies
Most people favor products and services with ecologically beneficial features. Harris Interactive reports that four out of five Americans prefer environment-friendly merchandise. Green brands often forgo toxic chemicals, support environmental nonprofits or take steps to conserve energy. Consumers choose them for several different reasons:
1. Natural foods and cleaning supplies frequently offer health or safety benefits. Such items generally produce fewer skin and respiratory irritations. Unbleached coffee filters provide one example of an eco-friendly product that protects consumers’ health. Likewise, natural mouthwash is far less likely to cause cancer.
2. Around 62 percent of U.S. residents feel at least fairly concerned about the environment. They favor green living because it helps prevent air and water contamination. Eco-friendly products also support the wellbeing of plants and wildlife by minimizing animal testing, habitat destruction and pesticide application.
3. Just three out of 10 Americans express a willingness to spend more money for equivalent green products. Nonetheless, some people buy sustainable goods to save cash in the long run. Things like LED light bulbs, energy-efficient appliances and reusable containers initially cost more, but they reduce a person’s monthly living expenses.
4. Incentives from utilities, government agencies and nonprofits provide further financial motivation for some consumers. They usually come in the form of rebates or tax credits. These bonuses have encouraged many people to pay for solar panels, heat pumps and various home improvements.
5. Many people simply enjoy using eco-friendly goods and services because they deliver better experiences. For example, customers prefer the taste of organic peanut butter and the comfortable texture of cotton towels with no synthetic materials. Some individuals buy green cleaning supplies to avoid unpleasant artificial fragrances.
6. Consumers prefer to support socially responsible manufacturers and service providers. Genuinely eco-friendly features and initiatives often enhance a company’s image and make customers feel better about buying its products. People tend to trust businesses that strive to protect the ecosystem, help charities and treat employees well.
As concerns about the environment and physical wellbeing continue to grow, more and more people embrace eco-friendly buying decisions including dry cleaning. Many green purchases stem from a combination of ethical, financial, medical and personal reasons. This trend reflects the fact that now is an excellent time to buy a green business or eco-friendly franchise. Find out more about OXXO Cleaners Franchise Opportunities.
Want to learn more about OXXO Eco-Friendly green dry cleaning which is better for the environment and better for your clothes? Click Eco-Friendly